Saturday, July 3, 2010

Quince Dias!

First day of vacation today in La Fortuna.  The vacation is called Quince Dias, which is how Costa Ricans say two weeks most of the time.  Hence, the vacation is for two weeks.  The first week I will be spending relaxing and hanging out in La Fortuna, while I will be off to Manuel Antonio and the Pacific Ocean for the second week.

This also marks the halfway mark on my time here in Costa Rica.  More specifically, it marks the halfway time of my teaching here, since I'm past halfway if I include orientation.  Still, its crazy to think that I'm halfway done with the school year.  At times it seems like this has been the longest 6 months of my life, but at the same time I know before too long it will be December and I will be back in the US.

I will be excited to be back in the US, though the recent jobs report makes me less than excited about job searching.  I was really hoping the economy would be adding jobs, not simply moving sideways.  Still, there's hope that in 6 months things are looking better. A second dip would be depressing on a number of levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment