Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Canyoneering

Yesterday I did my first tour here in La Fortuna.  A fellow volunteer who is visiting and I went rappelling in some waterfalls outside of La Fortuna.  It was amazing.  We did two smallish repels of 25 feet or so, and then we did two longer ones, one which was 120 feet or so and a long one which was over 200 feet.  The waterfalls were beautiful and I really enjoyed myself.

Tomorrow I will be going to Santa Elena, which is near Monteverde, the could rainforest.  I am usnure of what I will be doing exactly, but there is supposed to be a butterfly farm which looks interesting.  I may also do some ziplining, but I will see when I get there.

I am enjoying my week off, especially with my birthday coming up.  This has been a crazy first couple of months, but after this break I hope to continue to find my footing and figure out better ways of teaching and enjoying my time here.  I've had fun and I'm glad I'm here, but its easy to get caught up in the annoying details.

1 comment:

  1. Have a good week!

    Work on your spelling for your blog and your tweets. You have to set a good example for your students.

    And take some more pictures!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete