Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kinder

So far one of the most difficult parts of teaching as been teaching Kinder (kindergarden).  The kids are nice and often well behaved.  The hard part is figuring out how to keep most of them interested for 40 minutes.

I teach kinder 5 days a week for 40 minutes.  That is a lot of time to be teaching English to 15 kindergardeners, or at least so it seems to me.  I have been improving and keeping them more interested.

Yesterday was a really tough day, though a lot of that was that it was like 90 degrees and Friday afternoon, so the kinder class had little interest in learning new vocab in English.  The songs went ok, they were up for that, but I need to figure out a game I can teach them with for when they are rambunctious like yesterday.

I have 8 more months to become a better EFL Kinder teacher, so I will improve. Hopefully it will not be that hot too often, since its hard to teach when its so hot.

1 comment: