Sunday, December 6, 2009

Just about a month

I'm leaving for Costa Rica in just about a month. There is so much I have to finish before I can leave. Just figuring out what to bring alone is enough to stress me out. I should be able to finish up the paperwork this week, or at least mos of it.

The trickiest part of the paperwork is definitely the visa application. I had to wait for December 1 to start the process, which compresses the time considerably. I have a birth certificate which I received on December 1. I will be receiving a CORI saying that I have no record in the next couple of days.

The next step is to have the birth certificate and the personal CORI certified by the secretary of the state's office. This can be done in person. Then I have to find a way to have pictures taken of me in the correct size, which has proven to be somewhat tricky.


In other news I won Nanowrimo, with 50,328 words. While not one sentence is anywhere close to publishable, I still wrote over 50,000 words on one story. I am hoping to continue writing in Costa Rica in any free time I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment