Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First day of school tomorrow

I have my first day of school tomorrow. I am showing up at 6:45 tomorrow morning, with little to no idea of what is going to happen. I do not even know my schedule yet, though I do know which grades I will be teaching. Tomorrow I should find out my schedule, though there are no guarantees.

I have to focus tomorrow on only speaking English. While I am relatively pleased with my level of Spanish so far, I need to set the tone from the beginning that in the school I will only speak English with the students. With the other teachers the Spanish may come out, depends on their comfort level with English.

I am finally settling into La Fortuna and Z-13, so I am looking forward to starting school tomorrow. I still can not really wrap my head around the fact that tomorrow starts the school year and I am here until December. I am excited and nervous for tomorrow and for the rest of the year, should be an interesting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment