Friday, February 19, 2010

Photos

In my family, I am notorious for not taking photos when I travel. I really do intend on improving on that this trip. So far, I have not taken very many photos, but then again so much of time has been either learning how to teach or actually teaching, so I have not had that many opportunities. I will work on adding more pictures.

For anyone who wants to see my photos such as they are can look at them at http://picasaweb.google.com/pkkilkel. I have a permanent link to them on the right, but I figured it would be worth it to highlight the photos in an actual blog post.

The majority of the pictures have been released under a Creative Commons license. An explanation can be found in the link, but basically what that means is that the pictures which say "some rights reserved" can be shared, redistributed, remixed, used for commercial purposes as long as the picture is attributed to me.

Basically I want to be credited with having taken the pictures. A drawback to Picasa is that Picasa is not as clear as I would like on how to credit someone. I basically just would like a link back to my Picasa if anyone wants to, for instance, use one of my pictures on their blog.

The picture at the top of my blog is a picture I used under a CC license from a Flickr user, with the attribution underneath the picture. I have been reading novels released under CC licenses and am a big fan of the concept and figured I would use it for my own pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment